What’s a virtual race? A virtual race is running a specified distance (timed) without being present in a actual race location. DATE: April 8,- June 1, 2013 The race begins in early Spring and ends on the first day of summer. This years virtual race is dedicated to raise funds for the Burma Humanitarian Mission.
LOCATION: Pick your favorite local route, lake, swimming pool, or just hop on the treadmill.
EVENTS: Choose the event that works best for your current fitness level. You may participate in more than one event. Earn 1 point for each event completed (5 points max).
- Run 5K (3.1 miles)
- Run 10K (6.2 miles)
- Run Half-Marathon (13.1 miles)
- Bike 21K (13 miles)
- Swim (Distance: You Pick)
PRIZES: When the prizes are randomly drawn from finishers who reported results no later that June 3, 2013 12:00 noon EST. Winners will be announced by 6/4/13. A special thank you to all the sponsors below for making events like this possible. Please give their website a visit and patronize and follow them on Facebook, Twitter ect.. when you click their links below.
HOW IT ALL WORKS:
- Step 1. Donate a minimum of $10 HERE Step 2. Complete the Race Registration. Note: You have 24 hours after completing the registration form to make a donation to be a confirmed entrant in the 1st Annual Running Bloggers Race. Please do not fill out the registration form until you are ready to make a donation. Registration ends May 30, 2013. All donations you give are to raise funds for the Burma Humanitarian Mission.
- On race week, PRINT A RACE BIB for each person participating. Take pictures and please share all your progress and updates from the race on the Official 1st Annual Running Bloggers Virtual Race Facebook Page wall and the #runningbloggers hashtag.
- REPORT RACE RESULTS for each participant. You will earn one entry into the prize drawing for each event that you finish. Each event may only be completed once. For example, a 5K only counts as one entry, regardless of how many times you run it. Maximum of 5 entries per person. Do a swim, bike, and run and you will have completed a triathlon! Report your race time(s) HERE no later than Monday, June 3 at 12:00 noon EST.
- Race Recap: There will be a race recap here on iheartrunning.com. If you would like to be included please email (firstname.lastname@example.org) with pics, race results, and the link to your blog. Thank You